Lean, lean, lean. That’s been the mantra at auto and parts manufacturers, which for more than a decade have been sermonizing about the benefits of lean production to anyone who will listen. But are many U.S. car makers and suppliers actually practicing what they preach? Not really, say executives at RWD Technologies, a 13-year-old, Maryland-based consulting firm that specializes in helping manufacturers get lean. RWD has performed considerable work for DaimlerChrysler in the U.S. and it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lean More Concept Than Practice, Consultants Say" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642