SOUTHFIELD, MI – In a bid to vertically integrate its global seating business, Lear Corp. acquires a 75% stake in the automotive fabric business of New Trend Group Co. Ltd., a privately held Chinese company founded in 1986. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The acquisition allows Lear, one of the world’s largest automotive seat producers, to manufacture its own fabric, rather than relying on a handful of fabric suppliers, such as Milliken & Co., Aunde Group, BMD Textiles Ltd. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lear Buys 75% of Chinese Fabric Maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642