DEARBORN – Advanced electronics in the '06 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 are contributing to a paradigm shift in Washington's Fuel Economy Guide. Manual transmissions almost always deliver better fuel economy, but the re-engineered entry-level sports sedan from Toyota Motor Corp.'s luxury brand gets better fuel economy with an automatic. Differences range from 1 mpg to 5 mpg (0.4 km/L to 2.23 km/L). '06 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 (above) due to arrive in showrooms by October. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Automatic Transmissions Outperform Manuals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642