FRANKFURT – Lexus Europe expects its hybrid models will outsell those equipped with conventional powertrains in 2009, a first for the auto maker. The trend springs from growing awareness of the technology and strict European-market mandates designed to cap carbon-dioxide emissions, says Andy Pfeiffenberg, vice president-Lexus Europe. Informed largely by the glittering global profile of the Toyota Prius sedan, flagship for the Hybrid Synergy Drive system featured in Lexus HEVs, European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Europe Sales Mix Favors Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642