TOKYO – Engineers at Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus Development Center were not bashful about spending money to develop the new LS 460 luxury sedan, which hit dealer showrooms in September in Japan with more than 9,000 orders. While the auto maker declined to comment on the program’s cost, including installation of a new engine machining line, analysts put the amount at about ¥100 billion ($847 million), excluding supplier costs. Among the more advanced features on the LS 460, which took 20 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Flagship Takes High-Tech Ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642