DETROIT – The recall database of the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. swelled by nearly 300,000 vehicles as 2001 drew to a close. Two actions involve perennial quality leader Lexus. Toyota Motor Corp.’s luxury vehicle division has begun notifying ES 300 owners of defects it discovered on about 10,000 ’02 models. Lexus tells NHTSA it has issued separate recalls to address problems with a brake line and an air bag module. The latter, which Lexus says involves 8,300 vehicles, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Hit With Pair of Recalls" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642