DETROIT — When Toyota Motor Corp. created its luxury Lexus Divison, the automaker made no pretense about its intended customer base. Toyota in the U.S. had been watching its bread-and-butter baby boomers — those who popularized the Corolla in their younger, penny-pinching years — grow older and richer, and thus decided to create an upscale brand to suit them. Lexus has spent its 10-year history first and foremost as a U.S. brand and has been quite successful in doing so. Now the luxury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus hones luxury brand for global market status" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642