PALM SPRINGS, CA – Toyota Motor Corp.’s Lexus Div. makes no secret about going after mid-luxury segment leaders Mercedes-Benz AG and BMW AG, as executives here say the all-new ’06 GS model will achieve an annual sales rate of about 33,000 units, or a more than 14% share of the mid-luxury segment. That’s a significant increase over the previous-generation GS, which last year sold 8,262 units (including 6,914 of the 300 and 1,348 of the 430), according to Ward’s data, for less than 5% of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lexus Looks to Quadruple GS Sales With New Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642