With gas-discharge headlamps taking a larger share of sales, Koito Mfg. Co. Ltd., Japan’s leading maker of automotive lighting, expects to strengthen its market position in the coming five years. Koito currently holds a nearly 50% share of OE headlight and taillamp sales in Japan, with fiscal 2005 (ended March 31, 2006) sales of ¥201.1 billion ($1.75 billion). Global sales, with the largest portion going to Toyota Motor Corp., Koito’s major shareholder, were ¥337.6 billion ($2.9 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lighting Supplier Foresees Bright Future" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642