LIVONIA, MI â€“ Prices are not the only thing going up in the steel industry, so are the levels of investment in weight-saving products to keep the material competitive against aluminum and help auto makers meet strict new fuel-economy regulations. â€śCars will be lighter whether we make them out of steel or not,â€ť says Dean Kanelos, an automotive development metallurgist at steel maker Nucor. â€śAs an industry, we must demonstrate a way to do it or weâ€™ll be out of the market,â€ť he tells Wardâ€™s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lightweight, Clean Concept Cars Underscore Steelâ€™s Reinvention" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642