Ford Motor Co. says it will stop production of its Lincoln Blackwood luxury pickup truck in August, after only nine months on the market. Ford earlier said it would dump the Blackwood, but was vague as to when production would end (see related story: Blackwood’s Future Cut Short). Only 900 Blackwoods have been sold since its November 2001 launch, a pace well below Ford’s initial goal of 10,000 annually. A Lincoln spokesman says in reports "it doesn’t make sense for us to go forward" ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lincoln Axes Blackwood Luxury Pickup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642