Car dealer Lee Kemp recalls feeling bemused and slightly amused when a customer told him she’d hold off buying a vehicle because she wanted to see if something better than 0% financing would surface. “I kidded her, ‘Lady, it’s 0%. It won’t get better than that. What do you think we’re going to do, pay you to buy the car?’ “She didn’t crack a smile. Instead, she said, ‘I’ll wait for something better.’” That’s one of the downsides of the auto industry’s generous incentives, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Love, Hate and Incentives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642