CHICAGO — A technical paper (SAE No. 2001-01-2826 ) given by Paice Corp., Livonia, MI, at the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Truck and Bus meeting here, provides more detail on the hybrid system the company claims is both a cost and performance breakthrough. Paice CEO Ted Louckes tells Ward’s the combination of an 800-volt, 280-lb. (127-kg) lead-acid battery pack (18-48V modules) -- a motor amplification module consisting of induction generator/motor/controller, lock-up clutch and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Low-cost, high-mpg hybrid details given at SAE show" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642