JOLIET, IL – General Motors Corp. Vice Chairman Bob Lutz says the industry will not sell small cars profitably until consumer demand swings further towards the segment. “Part of it is getting the supply and demand dictated,” Lutz tells journalists at GM’s recent ’09 product preview here. “The profitability of fullsize SUVs was only there because that was what the public demanded. The profit always goes where the public wants it to go.” With demand high and pricing robust, auto makers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lutz Says GM Needs Volume to Make Small Cars Profitable" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642