Like the influx of foreign fish and flora threatening native North American wildlife, down-market luxury brand offerings could make endangered species of some domestic models, a top Mercury executive warns. "So many luxury brands have cars selling at under $30,000 that are coming into our territory," Elena Ford, Mercury group brand manager, says on the heels of July sales that, ironically, saw Mercury deliveries increase 7.8% over July of last year – 25,705 units to 22,923. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Luxury Brands Squeezing Domestics, Ford Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642