DETROIT – Shareholders of Tesma International Inc. will not vote Wednesday on a proposed merger with Magna Steyr Group. In a joint statement released today, the companies say they “have agreed not to proceed at this time.” The reason: Magna Steyr’s possible acquisition of DaimlerChrysler’s Eurostar facility in Graz, Austria. Magna Steyr says it has begun negotiations with DaimlerChrysler with a view to acquire the plant where the Chrysler Voyager minivan and PT Cruiser are assembled ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Considers Plant Purchase; Tesma Merger On Hold" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642