GRAZ, Austria — In just six years, Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnick’s assembly plant here has practically quadrupled its output, from just more than 20,000 units annually to a projected 83,000 total vehicles for calendar year 2001. With worldwide overcapacity issues reaching critical mass, Magna’s unique facility seems to be the exception that proves the rule. The Magna Steyr plant here, the vehicle-production group within the giant Magna International conglomerate, has seen its fortunes rise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna plant gears up as Mercedes preps G-Class for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642