For more than a year, Magna International Inc. has talked about building a plant in North America to assemble niche vehicles, much like its Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik plant in Graz, Austria. At the recent Society of Automotive Engineers conference in Detroit, Magna discussed a new strategy: using existing auto assembly plants. With overcapacity in North America, the strategy makes sense, says Siegfried Wolf, president and chief executive officer of Magna Steyr, one of five operating divisions. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Steyr Offers Overcapacity Solution" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642