GRAZ, Austria – Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG will manufacture 6x6 versions of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class for the first time. Production of the 6x6 vehicles is part of a €200 million ($251 million) contract between the Australian government and Daimler AG to supply 1,200 new Mercedes-Benz G-Class vehicles to the Australian Defense Force. The first vehicles are to be shipped to Australia in 2009. The total figure of 1,200 units includes 600 4x4 and 600 6x6 G-Classes. Six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Steyr to Produce Mercedes-Benz G-Class 6x6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642