ESZTERGOM, Hungary – Magyar Suzuki Rt., the Hungarian plant owned 97.3% by Suzuki Motor Corp., will cease producing its aging Suzuki Swift small car early next year in conjunction with the start of production of a new model in spring 2003. This means the end of production for the Subaru Justy, as well. The 4-wheel-drive small car is based on the Swift and produced in very small numbers for the European market. Only 2,715 Hungarian-built Justy vehicles were made in 2001. It is not clear ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magyar Suzuki to Phase Out Suzuki Swift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642