ESZTERGOM, Hungary – Magyar Suzuki Rt. builds its 500,000th vehicle, a red Wagon R+, at its facility here. The plant, which began production in 1992, built 85,105 vehicles in 2001. It currently makes the Suzuki Swift small car, the Swift-based Subaru Justy 4-wheel drive and the Suzuki Wagon R+ microvan. Magyar Suzuki expects to produce 83,000 cars this year, with 60% earmarked for export. Starting midyear, all cars made at the Esztergom-based plant will have Euro 3 engines. A new model ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magyar Suzuki Reaches Milestone" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642