MUMBAI – Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., maker of SUVs and farm tractors, is in early talks to buy bankrupt Daewoo Motors India Ltd.’s engine and transmission unit, as well as an aluminum foundry. The facilities are not part of a recent offer made by General Motors India Ltd. to take over Daewoo India’s closed assembly plant in Surajpur to expand production. (See related story: GM India to Buy Defunct Daewoo Plant) Scorpio SUV helped Mahindra sales jump 40%. A court-appointed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mahindra Eyes Daewoo India Engine, Transmission Unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642