Despite forecasts of a tepid sales month, Malaysian new-vehicle deliveries in August rose 12.8% to 55,208 units. Malaysia’s The Star newspaper reports the Hungry Ghost festival, which this year began Aug. 10, generally leads to a business slowdown. It is the second-most important festival of the dead in the lunar calendar after Ching Ming, when Chinese families make offerings and prayers to their ancestors. “People see the month as a time to mourn rather than to rejoice, so they stave ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia Beats August Forecast With Sales, Production Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642