Malaysian new-vehicle sales slid 14% in May to 38,327, leaving year-to- date sales down 15% to 176,956 units. It was the 15th straight month of falling sales compared with the prior-year in Southeast Asia’s biggest passenger-car market, although May results were up 13.8% from April’s 33,679 deliveries. Releasing the figures, the Malaysian Automotive Assn. credits the increase to the release of the new Viva compact car by national car maker Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian May Sales Gain on April But Trail Year-Ago" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642