Malaysian new-vehicle sales rose 12.5% in 2008 to 548,115 units but are expected to fall 12.4% to 480,000 this year. Last year’s result was the industry’s second-highest annual sales following the 552,316 vehicles delivered in 2005, the Malaysian Automotive Assn. reports. Passenger-car sales increased 12.3% to 497,459 units, while commercial-vehicle sales jumped 14.4% to 50,656. Car sales slipped 7.0% in December to 35,394 units, from 38,092 prior-year, while commercial-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian Sales Remain Buoyant in 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642