General Motors has a lot riding on its all-new ’04 Malibu, recently unveiled to auto journalists in Vermont’s picturesque Green Mountains. The auto maker is taking dead aim at the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, hoping to sell 200,000 Malibus annually. Such conquest sales are a must. The new Malibu is critical to GM’s goal to make the company a leader in midsize cars and is referred to by Chevy executives as the “heart and soul of the Chevrolet portfolio.” But there’s more at stake. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malibu Drives Chevy in New Direction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642