The Asian invasion is happening again in North America, only this time the target is Mexico. Asian auto makers are gaining market share at a rapid pace in a country that has been a solid performer for both the U.S. Big Three and Europe's Volkswagen AG. Asian market share for 2005's first 11 months stood at 28.4%, according to Ward's data, approaching the 20-year high set in 1987 when the only Asian auto maker selling in Mexico at the time, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., held 29.0%. Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Market Demand Accelerates Asian Market Share in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642