Martin Smith leaves General Motors Corp. as executive director-design of Adam Opel AG to take the reigns of Ford of Europe Inc.’s design operations. Martin Smith PT Cruiser designer Bryan Nesbitt takes over Opel’s top design post. GM Design Chief Ed Welburn says a move by Nesbitt to Europe has been “planned for nearly one year.” Before Welburn was named GM vice president-North America design, both Nesbitt, who joined GM in 2001 after seven years with DaimlerChrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Martin Smith to Ford Europe; Nesbitt Takes Opel Design Helm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642