MUMBAI – Maruti Udyog Ltd. launches a diesel version of its Swift hatchback to compete in India’s fast-growing minicar market. About 100,000 gasoline-powered Swifts already are on Indian roads. The diesel Swift features antilock brakes, more legroom and trunk space than its gasoline sibling and a price tag between $10,611-$11,855. Two engine choices are offered: a 1.3L or 1.5L Fiat Automobiles SpA multijet diesel mill. The engines are made at Suzuki Powertrain India Ltd., a joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Launches Diesel Swift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642