TOKYO – Mazda North American Operations is giving its U.S. Mazda5 owners $500 cash and will reset their warranties to make amends for a transmission programming problem that could have caused a vehicle fire. About 2,100 U.S. customers will get letters this week, advising them of MNAO’s offer and providing technical information about the problem, a spokesman says. Mazda5 No one was injured, but there were three fires reported that have been linked to extended high-rpm operation. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Puts Out Another Fire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642