Sources at Mazda Motor Corp. tell Ward's that the company's unique but under-utilized Miller-cycle V-6 engine — used only in the “S” version of the slow-selling Millenia sedan — will be shelved as part of the consolidation efforts between Mazda and partner Ford Motor Co. (see Ward's Automotive Reports — March 26, '01, p.1). It raises the specter that the Millenia itself may not be long for the world as its front-drive platform is not shared with anything else in the Ford/Mazda universe. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda to Shelve Millenia, Miller Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642