NEW YORK – Mazda Motor Corp. reinforces its desire to be seen as a performance car company with the introduction of the Mazdaspeed Protégé here. The Japanese auto maker says it doesn’t need a performance division, but it must ensure all its cars are “speed” candidates. Mazda will build a limited number of the turbocharged sport compact sedans that go on sale in August for under $25,000. Only 2,000 ’03 Mazdaspeed Proteges will be sold in North America: 1,750 in the U.S. and 250 for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazdaspeed Protégé to be a Performer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642