Sales of medium-duty trucks in the U.S. rose 10% in August to 23,603 units, according to Ward’s data, outshining Class 8 sales, which inched up 1.5%. The surge in medium-duty demand pushed total U.S. medium- and heavy-duty truck sales 5.5% ahead of like-2005 and 9.7% ahead of year-to-date deliveries. Freightliner LLC’s Western Star brand posted a 16.2% increase in Class 8 sales for August to 292 units, although overall deliveries slipped 8.8% from year-ago. Related document: Ward's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Medium-Duty U.S. Sales Climb 10% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642