NEW YORK – The Bluetec diesel recently introduced in Mercedes-Benz’ Alabama-built cross/utility vehicles now account for 8% of M-Class, R-Class and GL-Class sales, says Steve Cannon, vice president-marketing. “Bluetec sales are off to a good start, and we see them (reaching) 15% of total (Mercedes) sales eventually,” he says. Primarily being promoted in print and online, the new diesels are resonating with buyers, even as gasoline prices have fallen below $2 a gallon. Cannon says the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Bluetec Sales Off to Strong Start" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642