SAO PAULO – Mercedes-Benz is launching a survey among buyers here in an effort to maintain its leadership in the truck market, which it has held for 33 years. For the first quarter ending in March, Volkswagen Caminhoes e Onibus nudged up to second place with a 30.6% truck market share, compared with 32.3% for Mercedes. That compares with the year-ago period where Mercedes captured 34% of the market and VW held 24.6%. Mercedes looks to recapture share in Brazil’s big-truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Brazil Battles VW to Maintain Heavy-Duty Truck Lead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642