NEW YORK – Claiming the Mercedes-Benz portfolio is the richest in the luxury segment, Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche says the German auto maker’s transaction prices are 30% and 15%, respectively, higher than those of arch-rivals Audi and BMW. “We intend to keep it that way,” he says, speaking at a media roundtable at the Plaza Hotel here. That said, Mercedes soon will decide whether to drop the super-luxury Maybach brand, whose deliveries have been running in the 300 to 500-unit range ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Commands Premium Pricing Over German Rivals, CEO Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642