MADRID – Mercedes-Benz Spain is planning to extend production cuts for the Vito and Viano vans at its Vitoria plant into 2011, a move that will affect 2,874 of the facility’s 3,150 workers. Mercedes has told its unions it will reduce output for a year beginning July 1, furloughing workers for a total of 55 days. The new plan is the third one of its kind at the plant, which currently is in the midst of the second round of production cuts slated to idle workers for 70 days in the November ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to Extend Production Cuts in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642