TURIN – Close to half of all the engines offered by Mercedes-Benz in its W210-generation E-Class were 4-cyl. units. Yet, Mercedes' all-new W211-platform E-Class is launched with a single 4-cyl. engine – and a diesel at that. Admittedly, the E220 CDI is going to be the best-selling variant in Europe, but having no gasoline 4-cyl. in the all-new E-Class lineup seems might be construed as an oversight. Mercedes knows that despite continual development, its existing 2.0L four-pot engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Launches New E-Class with No 4-cyl. Gas Engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642