Mercedes-Benz is thinking ahead with its all-new V-8 turbodiesel. That's what the unique 75-degree vee angle is all about. The non-standard design was developed “for reasons of packaging,” says Erich Arbeiter, the engineer responsible for the new 4L SOHC V-8's development. “We wanted to make it as compact as possible, so it can be installed in other vehicles in our range without requiring major modifications.” The first of those “other vehicles,” according to Mercedes insiders, is likely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes launches new turbodiesel V-8" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642