NEWCASTLE, U.K – Mercedes-Benz is using an innovative new lacquer on its cars, which it claims is three times more scratch-resistant than conventional bodywork. Mercedes S-Class has innovative paint gloss. The paint gloss currently is being applied to most Mercedes models and will be used on the remainder starting this spring. The "nano-particle clearcoat" will be introduced as standard for both metallic and non-metallic paint finishes. The new lacquer follows four years of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes New Nano Technology to Play Larger Role in Auto Making" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642