The local content of Thai-made Mercedes-Benz cars will be lifted to 40% next year to increase export potential, DaimlerChrysler (Thailand) Co. President Karl-Heinz Heckhausen says in published reports. The company now uses 23% local content in the S-, E- and C-Class models currently assembled in Thailand. The expected boost in local content does not necessarily imply there are definite plans to begin exporting, but it does increase export potential, says a Mercedes spokesman. Products ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Raises Local Content in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642