Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc. releases details of the new turbodiesel engine headed for the U.S. market this fall in its ’04 E320 CDI (see related story: Mercedes Releases Details of Upcoming U.S. Diesel). The 3.2L CDI diesel, equipped with four valves per cylinder, employs a common-rail fueling system, and the electronically controlled fuel injectors are said to have operating pressure nearly equal to mechanical systems. Mercedes does not state the number of injections per combustion cycle, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Releases Details of Upcoming U.S. Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642