Expansion of the Mercedes-Benz assembly plant in Vance, AL, is “a work in progress,” officials say, but the second product will not be a pickup or a sport/utility-minivan crossover. The air in Alabama is heavy with rumors of expansion and none were put to rest with the recent visit by Hans-Joachim Schoepf, DaimlerChrysler AG's management board member and head of development for Mercedes-Benz and Smart passenger cars. Mr. Schoepf says he wants the facility to grow and while he had no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Says Vance Expansion Possible" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642