LANZAROTE, Canary Islands — In a word, the '01 model Mercedes SLK is all about refinement, from the addition of an optional V-6 engine to the new 6-speed manual transmission and the subtle tweaks to the car's interior and exterior styling. All should help the SLK, which goes on sale in Europe March 18 and hits U.S. shores as an '01 model in April, tighten its grip on the 2-seater market, Mercedes executives say. With the addition of the new engine, Mercedes now will offer two versions of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes SLK gets new V-6 and 6-speed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642