Mercedes-Benz (Thailand) Ltd. is building an engine plant in Thailand. President Alexander Paufler tells the Bangkok Post newspaper approval came after Mercedes closed its engine plant in Malaysia and switched to importing engines from Germany. The locally built engines will be 4-cyl. versions for key Mercedes models manufactured in Thailand. Most components will be imported from Germany. ‘‘We started setting up the engine production line two weeks ago,” Paufler tells the newspaper. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Thailand Establishing Engine Facility" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642