RAMOS ARIZPE, Mexico – Metaldyne Corp. CEO Tim Leuliette got an interesting phone call this week from an executive with a European auto maker. "He asked me about building an engine," Leuliette tells Ward's. Suppliers, including Metaldyne, have been assuming more and more development work for powertrain components and systems, so it should not have come as a total shock to Leuliette. "We have been working our way up the value chain." Here in the Sonoran desert 500 miles (805 km) southwest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Metaldyne Open to Low-Volume Engine Job" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642