Mexico production more than doubled in June to keep the region well ahead of last year’s pace, when widespread shutdowns by General Motors Co. and Chrysler Group LLC kept builds to a minimum. Mexican auto makers combined to produce 213,863 vehicles last month, twice the output of like-2009 and 15.5% ahead of May, which many considered a signal the region had entered its long-awaited turnaround. The industry also closed the second quarter with 576,450 builds, 79% ahead of like-2009. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Building Momentum as Detroit Cranks Up Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642