The 122,354 cars and trucks built in Mexico in December (see data p.6) represent a 5.5% increase from like-1998's 115,983-unit output. A similar increase was recorded for calendar 1999 totals vs. the 1998 outturn. Last year, Mexican manufacturers made 1,532,623 vehicles. That's up 5.0% from the 1,459,891 cars and trucks produced in 1998. Volkswagen de Mexico S.A. de C.V., which has been on the upswing since it began making its New Beetle in Puebla in late 1997, again posted the largest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Output Up 5.5% in Month; 5.0% in '99" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642