December light-vehicle output in Mexico jumped 13.3% from year-ago to 179,156 units, due largely to a 16.0% spike in production for export. Domestic production climbed 4.0% for the month. Output by U.S.-based auto makers fell 0.5% to 84,550 units. General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. production dropped 5.8% to 42,989, while Chrysler de Mexico LLC built 18,135 vehicles, 11.1% less than like-2009. Ford Motor Co. S.A. de C.V. bucked the trend, as assemblies swelled 18.4% to 27,253. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Sales, Production Come on Strong in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642