Mexico production surged 79.6% in May from prior-year to 185,207 units, a clear signal the industry has begun a long-awaited rebound. Domestic builds for the month soared 81.2% to 36,658, while production for export increased 79.1% to 148,549, according to Ward’s data. Related document: Mexico Production by Vehicle Line Combined Detroit Three builds rose 50.2%, but the comparison is skewed by widespread shutdowns a year ago at two of the auto makers. Chrysler de Mexico LLC last May ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mexico Sales, Production Rebound Strongly in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642